The Writing and Publication Unit was formerly known as a Unit of UiTM Press. The main responsibility of this unit is to motivate and encourage academicians of UiTM Sarawak to produce academic publications especially for teaching and learning process. This unit also tracks records of publications in PRISMa. The types of publications include academic books, chapters in books, journal articles, proceeding papers and general publications.
- To promote the development of writing culture among the staff of UiTM Sarawak
- To provide training and development programmes for potential writers
- To provide the necessary support for the staff in publishing their works
- To organise training programmes such as courses on writing for specific purposes, editing and desktop publishing
- To advise lecturers on the publication process
- To validate the publication records registered on the website database (PRISMa)
- To liaise between UiTM Press of UiTM Shah Alam and manuscript writers in UiTM Sarawak in the publication process when necessary
Any manuscript writer may forward a proposal for publication by completing the necessary forms and forwarding them with a hardcopy and a softcopy of the completed manuscript in Microsoft Word to UiTM Press in Shah Alam.
Visit http://penerbit.uitm.edu.my/download.html to download relevant forms.
Dr. Leong Siow Hoo
Coordinator Writing and Publication Unit, UiTM Sarawak
Tel : +6082 678236