Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM) Sarawak invites applications for its doctoral programme, Doctoral of Business Administration (DBA). This programme is structured with an interdisciplinary approach that provides both the ‘depth’ and ‘breath’ of business management. The programme framework provides the necessary theoretical content for managerial functions while the dissertation requirement emphasizes industry-based research and candidates’ professional experiences. It is structured to be a professional doctoral degree.
This program brings together future industry leaders and is designed to provide a learning experience for professionals who aspire to pursue postgraduate qualification. With focus on a mix of coursework and independent research, students will be able to engage in intellectual discourse of various business disciplines upon completion.
The core courses for the program are:
- Research Methodology 1
- Research Methodology 2
- Strategic Financial Management
- Economic Policy Analysis
In addition, students are required to take four (4) concentration courses and four (4) electives from the following disciplines:
- Entrepreneurial Management
- Risk Management
Once the students have taken the core, concentration and elective courses they will proceed with the comprehensive exam.
· Master degree with minimum CGPA of 3.00 from UiTM or a university recognized by UiTM Senate;
· Fulfill Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) admission process for Master’s Degree in related area.
International applicants are required to obtain a minimum:
· TOEFL certificate with a score of at least 550 for (paper based) or 213 (computer based) or 80 (IBT); or
· IELTS certificate with at least Band 6.0; or
· MUET Band 4.0
· Any English Language Test which is equivalent to B2 in Common European Framework of Reference for Language (CEFR)
· Candidate who does not have TOEFL or IELTS is required to attend six (6) months English Proficiency Class (EC) prior to enrolment to the program. Upon completion of the EPC program, candidate needs to sit for TOEFL/IELTS/MUET examination with the score as stated above