The top management of UiTM believe that it is imperative to put the university on the world map; thus, the establishment of this division serves to propel the university into the world stage. Each faculty and branch campus has its own Deputy Dean or Deputy Rector to head this division. The Research and Industrial Linkages Division (PJI), UiTM Sarawak was officially established in February 2010 and headed by the Deputy Rector. This division is seen as the perfect vehicle to thrust UiTM into becoming a world class university, not only in teaching and learning, but also in research, consultation, publication and entrepreneurship.
- To provide quality management services in order to ensure successful endeavours in research, consultation, publication and entrepreneurship
- to link and match core competencies with the core business in the industry for research opportunities
- to provide directions for Special Interest Group (SIG) and Centre of Excellence in accordance with the university’s focus
- To disseminate information and provide ample training opportunities for research development, consultation, publication and entrepreneurship
- To ensure continuous development of creative, innovative and quality research, consultation, publication and entrepreneurial development programmes
The Division of Research and Industrial Linkages (PJI) comprises the Research Management Unit (RMU), Industry, Community, Alumni & Network (ICAN), Writing and Publication Unit, Tunas Mekar, Malaysia Academy of SME and Entrepreneurship Development (MASMED), and Centre of Excellence, which consists of Natural Product Research and Development Centre (NPRDC), Pusat Pemikiran Islam Borneo and Research Business Unit (RIBU).
Head of Department
Profesor Madya Dr. Abang Zainoren Abang Abdurahman
Deputy Rector (Research And Industrial Linkages)
Tel : +6082 678190
Fax : +6082 677504