UiTM Sarawak library was established simultaneously with the setting up of ITM Sarawak Campus in 1973. Initially, the campus was located at Batu Lintang Teachers Training College. In 1987, ITM Sarawak Campus shifted to the Agricultural Training Institute in Semenggok until 1989. From Semenggok the campus then moved to Samariang until 1997. The campus has remained at Kota Samarahan since its opening in 1997. The third campus in Mukah started operation in 2002. In 2013, UiTM Sarawak officiated its second campus in Kota Samarahan. Each of these campuses has its own Perpustakaan Tun Abdul Razak (established in 2013).
In 1973, the library had a total collection of 668 volumes of books and a membership of 100 students. The Library of UiTM Sarawak has grown in line with the academic programmes and the vision of UiTM. At present, the libraries has more than 105,000 volumes of books in addition to other printed and non-printed materials, 38 online databases and 25 eBook database titles. Current membership exceeds 8,000 students, 370 academicians and 309 non-academic staff (As of January 2016).
To establish Perpustakaan Tun Abdul Razak UiTM Sarawak as a center of excellence that provides comprehensive, relevant and up-to-date information in order to support teaching, learning and research activities and acts as a catalyst in community development.
To establish UiTM as a premier university of outstanding scholarship and academic excellence capable of providing leadership to Bumiputeras’ dynamic involvement in all professional fields of world-class standards in order to produce globally competitive graduates of sound ethical standing.
- To achieve customer satisfaction level of at least 85%
- To obtain not less than 4 million visitors to the library annually
- To achieve at least 50 million hits a year to the UiTM Library’s website
- To acquire 100% syllabus materials by 2018
- To ensure that all intellectual property materials received for the year is made accessible to users through UiTM’s Institutional Repository
- To ensure 85% of staff attend competency training of at least 42 hours annually
- Customer Services - circulation, borrowing and returning, membership, renewal, book reservation, Inter Library Loan (ILL), WebOPAC
- Reference Services – Info Literacy Program (KKM) , EQPS, Theses Online
- Serial Services – Scholarly Journals, Magazines and Newspaper
- IT and Digital Services - IT Corners, Online Databases, eBooks
- Institutional Repositories Centre – collection and accessibility of UiTM Sarawak Intellectual Properties
Head of Unit
Khairunniqmah Binti Othman
UiTM Cawangan Sarawak Kampus Mukah
Phone (O): 084-876170
Fax (O): 084-876300
Please visit http://library.sarawak.uitm.edu.my for more information.